Country:- Canada

Canada is seen as a country that welcomes immigrants, and the simplified immigration process makes it quite appealing. The federal government of Canada has made it simple for people around the world to study, work and settle in Canada. Spouse sponsorship programs have made it possible for foreign people with permanent resident status to bring their spouses with permanent resident privileges. The spouse visa, when compared to other visas, isn’t entangled with basic requirements such as educational qualifications, linguistic ability, or work experience. Also, if you’re a resident of Canada with a valid status as a full-time student, postgraduate work permit holder, or a work permit holder, you can bring your spouse, common-law partner and children under an open work permit. This is an excellent way for your spouse, common-law partner or your children to stay in Canada with you. Your spouse or common-law partner can work full time in Canada until the primary applicant’s visa is valid and your children can study in Canada without a study permit.

A widespread confusion about a spouse visa is whether your spouse must take the IELTS test. There is no need for your spouse to do IELTS under the spouse sponsorship program. But when you are bringing your spouse under the express entry program, your spouse’s IELTS score can improve the points you earn. The processing time for a spouse visa may span from 12-26 months. An important point to be noted is that, if you fall under 18 years of age, you will not be able to apply for a spouse visa.

Spouse visa for international students

Canada has made it possible for international students with valid study permits to bring their spouse or common-law partner. There are some requirements to apply for the same as mentioned below. 

     Once these requirements are met, then it will be possible for an international student to bring their spouse. As long as the study permit is valid, your spouse can work in Canada. In short, your spouse or common-law partner’s work permit will be valid for the same time as your study permit.

Spouse visa for Postgraduate work permit Holder 

If you have graduated from a post-secondary college, university or CEGEP in Quebec you can bring your spouse, common-law partner or children under open work permit if you:

Once all these conditions are satisfied, you are eligible to bring your spouse, or common-law partner and children. 

Spouse visa for Work permit holders

If you are a valid work permit holder, you can bring your spouse, common-law partner or children to stay in Canada. In order to do that you must meet certain criteria:


Our professional and licensed immigration consultants have tremendous knowledge and experience to steer you through each step of your application. KGraph takes absolute care about all the minute details and ensures that the application faces no hindrances throughout the procedure.  To book a consultation click here now: